It’s no secret that washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20-seconds is the most effective way to avoid spreading germs. However, there are often times when we don’t have access to running water and soap such as when we’re running errands. Thankfully, hand sanitizers are the next best thing that can help ward off harmful germs.
With so many hand sanitizers on the market, how do you know which ones are actually effective and worth the money? Firstly, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you choose a hand sanitizer with at least 60-percent alcohol. You’ll also want to make sure it isn’t on the FDA’s Hand Sanitizer Do-Not-Use list. Next, you’ll want to choose a hand sanitizer that suits your needs such as dry or sensitive skin, budget, for kids, scent, and more. To help make your decision easy, here are the top hand sanitizers for all ages and skin types!
Top Hand Sanitizers for Kids
Teaching your kids proper hand washing isn’t always easy, and sometimes you don’t have access to running water and soap, especially when you’re out and about. Thankfully there are a variety of great kid-friendly options. The secret is to choose hand sanitizers that are easy to use, gentle on their skin, and don’t have overpowering smells. Here are the top hand sanitizers for kids:
- Baby Bum Hand Sanitizer is easy to use, hypoallergenic, and phthalate-free, and it dries quickly without residue.
- Fresh Monster Hand Sanitizer contains aloe vera which can help soothe their skin and prevents dryness. It also doesn’t contain any harmful or toxic ingredients like phthalates and parabens, or dyes.
- Fairy Tales Hand Sanitizer Spray has a high alcohol level and is cruelty-free and vegan. The spray bottle also makes it easy for kids to use on their own.
Top Budget-Friendly Hand Sanitizers
Sanitizer is in high demand right now which has caused the prices to rise. Thankfully there are budget-friendly options available. The hand sanitizers we’re sharing are also available in packs of 12 which is not only convenient but also makes each individual bottle affordable.
- Purell sanitizer is one of the most well-known and popular brands. It’s also very budget-friendly. Other benefits of this hand sanitizer include, it’s paraben-free, aluminum-free, dye-free, and contains 70-percent ethanol. You can get it in varying sizes from large bottles for around the house to small travel-size bottles for on the go.
- Germ-X Hand Sanitizer is not only known for being an effective sanitizer, eliminating 99.99-percent of common harmful bacteria, but it’s also moisturizing too. This is because it contains vitamin E. This multi-pack includes 12 bottles (8-fluid ounces each) making them very budget-friendly.
Top Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Sanitizing wipes are a great alternative to liquid hand sanitizer. They’re convenient to carry and are often less messy. This also makes them a great option for both kids and adults alike! Hand sanitizing wipes are just as effective as liquid and gel sanitizers too. Here are some options you should consider:
- Purell Hand Wipes are available in either individually wrapped packages or packs that feature 20 wipes. They can help ward off 99.99-percent of germs and are gentle on your skin.
- NXN Hand Sanitizer Wipes features three packs (a total of 240 wipes). Each wipe contains 70-percent USP grade A alcohol to keep your hands sanitized throughout the day.
- A pack of Oars + Alps Hand Sanitizer Wipes contains 25 antibacterial wipes to keep you sanitized on the go. These unscented wipes contain 65-percent ethyl alcohol to ward off germs. They also contain Aloe and Vitamin E to keep your skin moisturized.
Top Hand Sanitizers for Dry Skin
Constant hand washing and sanitizer can dry out your hands and for people who already have dry skin, this can pose an even greater problem. Thankfully there are a variety of great hand sanitizers on the market for dry skin.
- Gold Bond is a renowned skincare brand that offers a variety of products for dry, itchy skin. They also have a hand sanitizer! Gold Bond Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Gel features 75-percent alcohol to ward off harmful bacteria. Their formula is also non-sticky and quick drying. Finally, this product is infused with essential oils and other moisturizing ingredients — perfect for dry skin!
- Curie Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Gel contains 70-percent ethyl alcohol and is chock full of hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, prickly pear seed oil, and glycerin. It’s also available in three beautiful scents including Orange Neroli, Grapefruit Cassis, and White Tea.
Top Hand Sanitizers for Sensitive Skin
Do you have sensitive skin, or perhaps eczema-prone skin? Don’t fret. While many hand sanitizers can dry out your hands and irritate your hands, there are some on the market suitable for sensitive skin:
- H2O Awakening Citrus Scented Advanced Hand Sanitizer Gel contains 75-percent ethyl alcohol to help ward off harmful bacteria. It also contains hydrating ingredients like organic aloe vera and vitamin E which is great for sensitive skin.
- Aesop Ressurection Rinse-Free Hand Wash will leave your hands feeling clean and fresh. Its non-sticky, and non-drying formula is excellent for sensitive skin.
Top Hand Sanitizer Sprays
Hand sanitizers come in many forms from wipes and liquids to gel and even sprays. Spray hand sanitizers are also a convenient way to clean your hands when you’re in a pinch. Here are our top picks:
- Touchland Power Mist has chic packaging and is available in different fragrances like Citrus, Forest Berry, Watermelon, and more! The sanitizers are formulated with essential oils and aloe vera to keep your skin moisturized.
- TONYMOLY 61.5% Alcohol Derma Master Lab Hand Spray contains 61.4-percent alcohol as well as Centella Asiatica which can help soothe your skin.
- ORLY Hand Sanitizer Spray is formulated with four essential ingredients to help ward off harmful bacteria. It’s also cruelty-free, vegan, and contains no added fragrances or oils. They also come in convenient travel size bottles — perfect for on the go!
Top Hand Sanitizers with the Best Scent
Some hand sanitizers can have an overpowering alcohol smell. The good news is there are a variety of hand sanitizers on the market that actually smell good! Here are the top hand sanitizers with the best scent:
- Megababe Squeaky Clean Hand Sanitizer contains 62-percent alcohol yet is still super moisturizing due to ingredients like almond and marula oils. This is one of the best smelling sanitizers too! It features notes of bergamot and citrus peel.
- Vegamour Hand Sanitizer Spray is formulated with plant-based and cruelty-free ingredients, including 75-percent isopropyl alcohol. It’s also hypoallergenic and includes moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera and marula oil. Finally, it has a wonderful scent of calming lavender and orange peel.
Top Unscented Hand Sanitizers
If you’re sensitive to fragrances, don’t worry. There are great unscented options available that are just as effective. Here are the top unscented hand sanitizers:
- Eczema Honey Hand Sanitizer Gel is made from just four ingredients, one of which is 70-percent ethyl alcohol. The fragrance-free gel formula also comes in a generous size (8-ounces) — perfect for using at home or work.
- Pipette Hand Sanitizer offers a non-sticky, non-drying, fragrance-free formula. It contains 65-percent ethyl alcohol and 100% sugarcane-derives squalane and glycerin to ensure your hands stay soft and moisturized.
Activebeat.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Activebeat.com